This Snickers Salad is the perfect combination of sweets, treats, and fruit! Perfect for a potluck, holiday dinner, or an easy snack for the kids at home.
Snickers Salad Recipe
We LOVE this simple dessert salad recipe. I like to think of it as a win since there are apples in it, but let’s be real. The Snickers and caramel drizzled on top are quite delicious, too. Anytime I tell the kids we’re having a salad for dinner, they’re silently crossing their fingers and hoping that I mean this salad dish.
I tend to make this for the dessert table a lot during the holidays because I love the fresh taste and pop of flavor that the Granny Smith Apples bring. It’s a fun way to “eat your apple a day” a pair it with some other amazing flavors!
What you’ll need to make Snickers Salad
While I LOVE this recipe, you can always try and switch it up and use a different type of candy bar. This would be a fun way to involve the kids and change it up a bit. (just be sure to chop it up and follow the recipe directions to complete and serve)
Why add lemon juice to sliced apples?
Adding lemon juice to the sliced or cubed apples helps them keep their light coloring and not turn brown. This is important since you’re prepping and then storing it in the fridge to chill.
While you can not add the lemon juice, the result will have the apples turning brown, making them look brown rather than white.
What is the best way to chop up Snickers?
You can use a food processor and pulse for a short amount of time. You can also cut carefully with a knife or put the Snickers inside of a plastic bag and hit it with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
How do you store leftover Snickers salad?
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, all you need to do is store them in a covered dish and keep them chilled in the fridge.
Then, when you’re ready to eat, remove and enjoy! Easy peasy.
Be sure to check out this Snickers Poke Cake Recipe for even more ways to use candy bars! (I also love this Snickers Hot Chocolate Bomb!)
Who says you can't have salad for dessert? This easy Snickers Salad is so good!
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup Lemon Soda
- 3.4 oz Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip (can use 8 oz, if desired)
- 1/4 cup Caramel Sauce, as desired
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Snickers
- Chop the apples into 1" pieces and place in a bowl or container with the lemon soda to prevent browning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the vanilla pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes until well-thickened. Gently stir or beat the cool whip into the pudding mixture.
- Drain the apples from the lemon soda and place in the pudding mixture. Stir to coat the apples completely.
- Drizzle on the caramel sauce, if using (reserving a Tablespoon for drizzling over the final dish). Stir to combine.
- Stir in the chopped Snickers bars.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight to allow flavors to combine. Drizzle on the remaining caramel sauce just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 53gProtein: 5g
This is just an estimate. Final value will be determined by serving. This makes about 4-5 cups of salad.
Leave A Reply!