If you’ve never tried air fryer peanut butter cookies then are you in for a treat! Check out this easy 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe that will make air frying any cookie your new favorite thing!
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookie recipe
I’m obsessed with my air fryer. I have made it a huge part of my everyday. I am always loading up on air fryer recipes because of how easy it is to use! Because it’s expensive to eat out many foods my kid’s love can be easily made in the air fryer. Many basic recipes can also be made in the air fryer due to their ease as well as quickness like Air Fryer Hard-boiled eggs in the air fryer. As with all recipes, the air fryer has allowed me to cut the time and energy needed to make any recipe! If you’re looking for a healthier and faster way to make peanut butter cookies, an air fryer is a way to go! This sweet treat will be a favorite in your home!
Air Fryer cookies
I love all kinds of cookies. As you can tell from my page I’ve made lots of delicious cookies to help every sweet tooth out there! You can check out some delicious cookie recipes on my page like Twix Cookies, Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip, and Caramel Stuffed White Chocolate chip (yeah they’re amazing). Although these recipes are unique and divine, sometimes going back to the basics with a twist is what life’s all about!
That’s why I love this easy recipe. These delicious peanut butter cookies come out perfect every time – crispy and golden brown on the outside and chewy center of the cookie. Plus, they are about 20% faster than baking or microwaving.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy cookie recipe, give this one a try!
If you’re looking for an easy air fryer recipe with only a handful of ingredients, then this is the recipe for you! these Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies are the best! A classic peanut butter cookie, but easier! This Rich, decadent, and oh-so-sweet recipe will be a hit!
The perfect dessert to quiet that peanut butter craving.
This has made me realize how many other great cookies you can make in the air fryer! This has really become my favorite way to make cookies!
It’s not hard to make air fryer peanut butter cookies, but if you want them to come out crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle, it takes a little more know-how.
These easy air fryer cookies are healthier than deep frying because less oil is needed. Plus, they are about 20% faster than baking or microwaving. These cookies came out perfect every time – crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle!
The best part? They taste just like traditional peanut butter cookies without all of the added ingredients!
So skip the oven and have homemade peanut butter cookies in 8 minutes. This is really a great recipe because it’s lightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Sweet and decadently rich peanut butter treat everyone will love! This is the perfect delicious dessert or afternoon snack!
How to make Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 14 Minutes
Chill Time: 30 Minutes
Bake Time: 4 Minutes
Yields: 18 Cookies
How to make these 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
● 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (any brand of peanut butter will work)
● ¾ Cup White Sugar
● 1 Large Egg
Items Needed to make this air fryer peanut butter cookies recipe
● Parchment Paper
● Fork to make the fork marks on top of the cookie
How to make Air-fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
Combine all three ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until fully combined.
Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Using a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop, or heaping tablespoon, scoop the dough onto parchment paper.
With a fork tines, press the cookie flat, first one direction, then again from the opposite direction to make a crisscross pattern on the top.
Line the bottom of your air fryer tray with parchment paper. Be sure to not have extra parchment paper running up the side of the air fryer or it will get caught by the air and fold over the cookies.
Place as many cookies in your air-fryer basket that will fit in a single layer, while giving each cookie a half-inch space. I was able to do about 4-6 at a time.
Set your air fryer at 370 degrees and cook them for 4 minutes before letting them rest in the air fryer for 4 minutes.
Repeat until you’ve used up your batter. Enjoy!
What happens if you put a cookie in an air fryer?
Cookies put in the air fryer will become slightly crispy while leaving the inside chewier than a traditional oven-baked cookie recipe. This is what I love about air frying. Anything you put in always has a softer texture on the inside while creating a crispy delicious outer shell. Although it’s called an air fryer it doesn’t technically fry food but uses hot air to cook it. Making this a healthier alternative.
The only setback is that you might not be able to cook them in bigger batches like the oven, but you save so much baking time, oven heating time, etc. that it’s still quicker and you’ll have the first batch out in no time! This really is a unique way to bake cookies.
Should peanut butter cookie dough be refrigerated before air frying?
Yes, for best results peanut butter cookie dough should be refrigerated before baking. You’ll want to make sure the dough is firm enough to not expand too much when baking with an air fryer.
Place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before placing it on top of parchment paper and into your air fryer.
How long will peanut butter cookies in the air fryer last?
Peanut butter cookies in the air fryer will stay fresh for up to a week when stored in an airtight sealed container. You can also freeze leftovers and enjoy them throughout the month. However, just as with most desserts, these cookies are the best straight out of the oven.
Do I have to use parchment paper for these easy air fryer cookies?
Yes. Due to the breathing holes in the bottom of your air fryer, the cookies could seep through as the cooking process starts. No one wants to clean up that mess! I don’t suggest tin foil as it will cause them to cook too quickly and unevenly. Parchment paper is really the only choice
Can you freeze peanut butter cookies in an air fryer?
Yes! Peanut butter cookie dough can be frozen for up to a month. Simply place individual cookies on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes before transferring them to a freezer bag.
You can also freeze leftover air fryer peanut butter cookies to enjoy later. To defrost, simply allow the cookies to thaw overnight in your refrigerator before enjoying.
If you've never tried air fryer peanut butter cookies then are you in for a treat! Check out this easy 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe that will make air frying any cookie your new favorite thing!
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- Combine all three ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until fully combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Use a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop, or heaping tablespoon, scoop the dough onto parchment paper.
- Using a fork, press the cookie flat, first one direction, then again from the opposite direction to make a crosshatch pattern on top.
- Line the bottom of your air fryer with parchment paper. Be sure to not have extra parchment paper running up the side of the air fryer or it will get caught by the air and fold over the cookies.
- Place as many cookies in your air fryer that will fit, while giving each cookie a half-inch space. I was able to do about 4-6 at a time.
- Set your air fryer at 370 degrees and cook them for 4 minutes before letting them rest in the air fryer for 4 minutes.
- Repeat until you’ve used up your batter. Enjoy!
● It’s important that you do not skip the chilling step. The air fryer will make the cookies spread and be
crumbly more than the oven. The chilling step keeps them from spreading too
much and keeps them from being a crumbly mess when leaving the air fryer.
● It’s also very important to not touch the cookies until they’ve been set for a minimum of 4 minutes. This allows them to set up and not fall apart when removed from the air fryer.
● I like to shape the parchment paper to the bottom of my air fryer, then pull it out and prepare my cookies on it. This way, I can just set the parchment paper back inside without having to
set one cookie at a time inside the air fryer.
● Each air fryer is a different shape. Mine allowed for 4-6 cookies at a time, but your shape might not allow that many, and it may allow for more. Just be sure to give enough space for the cookies to spread a bit and you’ll be good to go.
● Putting more or less cookies doesn’t require you to adjust the cook time or rest time.
● This cookie dough is very sticky, so it’s best to not get your hands involved in the scooping process and stick to a scoop or spoon.
● Each air fryer has various cooking settings. If your air fryer doesn’t have a 370 degree setting, choose the closest step under it as opposed to over it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g