These delicious Fall inspired Pumpkin Spice Sugar cookies recipe will make your mouth water and your heart skip for joy. They capture the perfection of Fall in every bite.
Pumpkin Spice Sugar cookies
What encompasses the flavors of fall more than pumpkin spice? It’s no wonder! Pumpkin spice is synonymous with the crips beauty of fall. Yes, I’m absolutely one of those people who loves pumpkin spice and fall. It makes me feel so cozy and happy.
I think living in the North East makes Fall that more magical. That and the fact that I’m perfectly aware of what’s coming in a few months. Furthermore, I cherish and hold on to everything that symbolizes fall during this magical time of year.
Growing up in Miami, Fall wasn’t a thing. It was non existent. So when I moved to Kansas years ago and I got to experience a bit of fall I was hooked. Of course fall in Kansas doesn’t even compare a smidge to Fall in New England. Now that’s magical.
There’s nothing more exciting than piling in the car on a crisp fall day and heading to the local apple orchard for hot apple cider and apple cider donuts. You haven’t lived until you’ve done it. If you happen to live in the south where it’s not cold, drive north and do it. Because hot apple cider on a hot Florida day just doesn’t have the same effect.
That’s why I love everything fall. It’s just magic. Furthermore, that’s why I simply LOVE this recipe.
Fall inspired Cookie Recipe
This cookie recipe will capture the essence of fall with each bite.
Filled with delicious pumpkin spice flavors and drizzled with a delicious sugar and pumpkin spice mixture. Best of all they’re so easy to make you won’t be able to get enough of them.
So head below and check out this delicious recipe for yourself and Fall in love with these delicious cookies.
What you’ll Need to make Pumpkin Spice Sugar cookies
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 4-5 drops Orange Food Color
- 1 ¾ Sticks Butter, room temp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until well combined.
- Mix in the yolk, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and food color.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop balls of dough 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Use a fork and press down the dough balls and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- Optional step: To make drizzle: Combine about 1 cup of powdered sugar, a tablespoon pumpkin puree, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and 2 teaspoons of water. Drizzle over cookies. You can also make the drizzle without the pumpkin if you want.
Enjoy these delicious fall cookies!
Don’t they look amazing?
So make sure and pin the recipe below and save it to make the next time you’re craving some Pumpkin Spice in your life.
Looking for some more Fall inspired treats? Head over here and check out these Fall Tastic Candy Apple Recipes
or How about this Fall Graham Crack & Peanut Butter Pops