A fun and easy way to make delicious and creative and easy Easter Treat . These Crispy Bunny Treats that will put a smile on everyone’s face!
There are so many possibilities when it comes to Rice Crispy Treats. I mean I don’t know about you but man do I love to eat them. Here’s a fun way to get that delicious treat into a fun Easter/Spring treat. This is a fun easy recipe for Crispy Bunny Treats, sure to put a big smile on your little bunnies faces.
This is easy to make and chances are they’ll hop away quickly with how tasty they are.
This recipe will make 8 bunny bars:
INGREDIENTS FOR RICE KRISPIES
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 (10 oz.) bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
DIRECTIONS FOR RICE KRISPIES
1. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, remove from the heat.
5. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the cereal mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly.
6. Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan completely.
INGREDIENTS FOR BUNNY POPS
Prepared Rice Krispies bars (recipe above)
One T solid shortening
1 cup Wilton pink chocolate melts (I used dark and light pink ones)
A pouch of cookie icing (any color)
4 large white Airheads candies
16 small Wilton candy eyes
8 pink M&M’s
16 mini marshmallows
A blue airheads candy
1 green airheads candy
A purple airheads candy
M&M’s – 3 blue, 2 green and 2 purple
8 cookie sticks
PREP WORK FOR ASSEMBLY OF BUNNY BARS
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Set aside.
2. Cut the prepared Rice Krispies into eight bars.
3. Take the white airheads candies and cut out 4 bunny ears per piece (16 total).
4. Cut out 6 triangles from the blue airheads candy. This will be for 3 bowties.
5. Cut out 4 triangles from the green airheads candy. This will be for 2 bowties.
6. Cut out 4 triangles from the purple airheads candy. This would be for 2 bowties.
7. In a double boiler, melt the solid shortening.
8. Add the pink chocolate melts and stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat.
9. With a spoon, coat each Rice Krispies bar with the melted pink chocolate. Place on baking sheet to “set” for at least 20 minutes.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE A RICE KRISPIES BUNNY BAR
1. Lightly pipe cookie icing on the back of 2 ears and place on the front of bar.
2. Dab a small amount of icing on the back of 2 candy eyes and place on the bar right underneath the ears.
3. Dab a small amount of icing on the back of a pink M&M and place it on the bar for the nose.
4. Apply icing to the back of 2 mini marshmallows and place them below the nose, side by side.
4. Dab a small amount of icing on the back of a blue M&M and place it on the bottom of the bar. This will be the middle of the bow tie.
5. Apply icing to the back of 2 blue triangles and place one on each side of the blue M&M for the bow tie.
6. Repeat these steps for each bar. If you want the bow tie to be green, use a green M&M and 2 green triangles. IfYou want it to be purple, use a purple M&M and 2 purple triangles.
7. Insert a cookie stick into the bottom of the pop halfway through.
Looking for other Easter Treats? Check out this round up of 20 Fun Easter Treat Ideas!
Comments & Reviews
Cynthia Seppala says
These are so adorable and clever! Perfect for Easter. I’m sure the Easter Bunny will love tucking these into Easter baskets everywhere!
Nancy Burgess says
These are so cute. My grandaughter will love these I’m going to make them with her.
This looks quite cute. But can something be substituted for the Crisco? That’s not considered to be healthy to use to cook with.
So cute, always looking for fun baking recipes to have my daughter help me with.
gloria patterson says
this looks like something I will see in my oldest great niece wants to help make
Cathy Jarolin says
How adorable are your Sweet Bunnies on a stick! I want to make these for my Grandchildren but I don’t see anywhere to pin the recipe!! Well I shared it on face book so maybe I Can find it later if I am Lucky! Lol! I think all kids like rice crispy treats~ My Grandchildren will love them Thankyou for sharing this recipe!
Regina Elliott says
Great idea for a Easter treat !!!! Gonna try to make these this weekend
This looks like a fun project for my 4 year old and mother in laa to do when I go have baby number 2!
Rita M says
How cute are these?! I think my granddaughter would love to share these with her pre-school friends.
We like rice crispy treats and this makes them even better.
Jodi Hunter says
These are so super cute, we have to try them out soon.
Christina Skinner says
These are so cute! Any kid would love them.
Mary Hope says
These look fun AND delicious
Lauryn R says
These are so adorable!! 🙂 I will definitely have to make some with my littles, they are going to love them! Thank you for sharing!
christine cee says
These are great. And I have all the ingredients here ! <3 Hope everyone has a beautiful Easter
Laura Bowman says
These are adorable!! They would be a perfect addition to a baby shower too.
Amber Ludwig says
Adorable!! My son would think these are the coolest!! They would make great Easter basket additions too 😉
kathy downey says
I love them,what a great job thanks for the detailed recipe
Lesley F says
These are adorable!
Sally Wilsey says
These are so cute. Now I know what my granddaughter and I will be making for one of our Easter tea parties and our family.
Carla W. says
These are so cute!! Can’t wait to make them with the grand babies!!
Catherine Alger says
These are so cute. I’m going make these with my grandkids.
Sue E says
I might be blind, but I could not find the Pinterest button! I wanted to pin this recipe! I did share on Facebook though. These yummy bunnies are so CUTE that I would really hate to take a bite out of one!! We already like Rice KRISPIES bars – this recipe makes them even tastier!!
Jo-Ann Brightman says
This is a creative way to use Krispie Treats and will taste delicious.
Christina Strapp Lambert says
These are so cute and sounds so easy to make. My daughter would love these. I might make these for her class.
Sarah L says
I’d just add food coloring to the rice crispies and not do the outer sugar coating. Very cute.
Heather Walborn says
These are too cute! I am so not a creative mama & can fail at anything that makes me try my hand at crafts – but i think I can do this!
Sandy Cain says
These are just adorable! My granddaughters will love them! It seems like there is a lot of prep involved, but it’s worth it. The faces on these bunnies are so cute, I had to laugh when I saw them. Thanks for sharing this, I’m saving it for Easter time!
Richard Hicks says
These are really cute and sure to be a hit with the kids
Jerry Marquardt says
This will be a great recipe for the holiday. I cannot wait to make this!
Amy Amerson says
I thought these were rice crispies when I caught a glimpse on Facebook! I pinned it! These are great when you want gluten free as well! I did something similar but made Christmas trees in December. The kids loved it.
DENISE LOW says
I love this idea. Thank you for sharing. The grandkids will love it too.
Mandy P says
Like the others have said, these are adorable! I would probably save the time (and b/c I don’t have a double boiler) and not coat them w/ candy, but the little rabbit noses and ties look very easy!
Linda Manns Linneman says
These are so cute and not to difficult to make. My grandchildren would love these. Thank you so much for sharing
I bet I could do these as gluten free!
Ashley Chassereau Parks says
My dad loves rice crispy treats… these would be fun for us to make for him. I think my kids would really enjoy making them….. it definitely looks like something even the youngest could help with.
These are precious. Love the little bow ties!