There are some Amazing Uses for Epsom Salt. Find out what they are and how useful this can be in your life.
Sure we’ve seen Epson Salt at the store and many of you may pass this simple looking bag/box over without a second thought. Some people use it for sprains or constipation relief ,However, If you just read ahead you’ll discover 15 amazing uses for Epson Salt!
- Clean it up! Epson Salt is a great tool for cleaning Tile/Grout – Mix equal parts of liquid dish soap and Epsom salts and use to scrub tile and grout. Rinse well for a streak free shine. Your Tile/grout will be as good as new!
- Plants will love it! – Help keep your house plants beautiful and growing by adding a couple tablespoons of Epsom salt to the water when you water them.
- Splinter Removal– There’s nothing worse than a splinter. The second worse thing is getting it out. Soak your affected area in concentrated Epsom salt water to pull out a splinter.
- Headache Be Gone with you! Soaking in a soothing Epson bath will kick a headache to the curve.Smooth skin- Mix 1/2 cup Epsom salt with 1/4 cup olive oil and scrub skin in the shower for healthy and smooth skin.
- No more Itchy– Dissolve a tablespoon of Epsom salt in to 1/2 cup of water and cool. Spritz on itchy skin or apply a wet compress to help relieve itching.
- Minor Sunburn Relief- Use the same ratio in the itchy skin relief above and spritz on to minor sunburns to help soothe them.
- Burnt Marks be gone! Have food caked onto the bottom of your baking dish? Can’t get your frying pan clean? Wish you had some way to get those Tupperware containers clean again? One of the best ways to get rid of caked-on food, especially burnt food, is with Epsom salts! Just add a quarter tablespoon or so to your warm water, scrub, and rinse. The burnt or caked-on food should come right off, just like the dead skin when you exfoliate in the bathroom!
- Revives the Dead…Battery! You may be able to recondition your battery simply by making a paste with an ounce of Epsom salt dissolved into warm water. Try applying it to the battery cells. You may be surprised—your vehicle just may start. It’s certainly less expensive than a tow!
- Go Away Pest! A little Epsom salt sprinkled in a circle around the trash can should help those pesky raccoons that like to shop in your garbage can. This drives them away since they don’t like how it smells. This can come in handy while camping too .
- The Grass is always greener! If you’re envious of your neighbor’s gorgeous green lawn and want to spray paint your yellow and brownish patches, fear no more! You can fix your dead ugly lawn with Epsom salts. Magnesium is a necessary for chlorophyll, which gives greenery its color. Sprinkle Epsom salt over your lawn and around the roots of your plants, and you will be feeding them the essential nutrition they need to produce necessary chlorophyll. Just doing this once a month can make a huge difference. Do this with any of your plants and they will probably grow bigger and taller!
- Squish Blackheads! Blackheads are the worst! They’re like gremlins…If you try to squeeze them, they multiply.However,if you leave them alone, they will stick around forever. What can you do? Mix a teaspoon of Epsom salt with three drops of liquid iodine and half a cup of boiling water. Wait for it to cool down, then dab it onto the blackhead with a cotton ball. Do this several times and then you can then remove the blackhead carefully. Follow it up with astringent.
- Scrub the Face! The exfoliating properties which work so great on your face also can work wonders for the rest of your body. Mix it with your favorite soap and some of your favorite essential oils and work it into your skin in the shower. You will be amazed how soft and smooth it is when you get out. Have nasty patches on your elbows and knees make sure and scrub with Epsom Salt!
- Build up Be gone! Style not holding up the way you like? Get rid of styling product buildup easily with Epsom Salt!Mix Epsom salts and lemon juice in a 1:1 ratio and dissolve them in water. Let your mixture sit for a day before you use it. Pour it over your hair, wait for around fifteen minutes, and then rinse it out. Your style will be back to gorgeous in no time!
- No more oily hair: Grease is for Broadway not for your hair! Add a handful to your shampoo and say goodbye to greasy hair.
- Eyes are Better!Do you have pink eye or any other eye issue? Dissolve it in cold water and use as compresses for huge relief!
Comments & Reviews
Dandi D says
Most of these I had no idea about, so now I need to try some!
Lisa Coomer Queen says
I didn’t know that Epsom Salt could do so much. I have a big box and it just sits here! Thanks for all the suggestions.
Rebecca Wilson says
looks like i need to buy some
Jamie S says
I’ve been using epsom salts in my garden and in skin scrubs, but WOW! This list is amazing, looks like I’m going to need to stock up a lot more! I especially love the battery trick 🙂 My only complaint is I can’t find how to pin this post :*(
Jessica C. says
I didn’t know all this! Thanks!
Oh wow didn’t know it has a lot of uses. Thanks for the info.
Taryn Ogren says
I love Espom Salt…and now I have even more reason to!!!
Robyn M says
This is a great list! I just used Epsom salts as a foot soak before a home pedicure to make my feet summer ready, worked so well!!
Kristen Johansen says
You can also use plain, unscented Epsom salt to treat bloat & constipation in betta fish. 🙂
Barbara Brooks says
I have always kept a box at the ready , my mom always used it as a poultice on my ingrown toenail when I was a child. It tooknreddness and swelling down after wearing over night.
wow! i had no idea that it did so much. ill have to get some.
Amber Delorme says
Holy smoly, I Never knew that Epson Salt can be used for soooo many different thing, it’s really quite Amazing (I have learned 15 NEW things this morning LOL)..I have taken ascreen shot of the above, so I cold keep the above info for later use 🙂
Alicia McDonald says
This is amazing I didn’t kw that I love reading ur blogs.
The splinter trick is helpful because I’m terrible at getting those out with tweezers.
Edna Williams says
Who knew there were so many uses for ordinary table salt? Thanks for sharing!
Edna Williams says
Sorry, I meant epsom salt.
Amber Ludwig says
Oooh I had no idea!! That sunburn/itch remedy might save me this Summer!! I get the worst sunburn itch EVER!!
Deborah D says
Wow! So many uses that I never knew about.