This delicious Peanut Butter, Bacon and Oatmeal Dog Biscuit Recipe is the perfect homemade gift for your furry friend. Excellent for Gift giving or just because!
Dog Biscuit Recipe
Are you a dog owner? There is nothing like a canine to make a house a home. You make yummy goodies for the humans you love, so why not make a batch of these peanut butter, bacon and oatmeal dog biscuits for the four legged loves in your life. Dogs everywhere agree, nothing says ‘I love you’ like peanut butter or bacon.
Yields: 1 dozen (with 4 1/2″ cookie cutter)
1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
2 cups whole wheat flour plus 1 Tablespoon
1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
4 strips bacon – cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup oats, old fashioned
4 1/2″ dog bone cookie cutter
DIRECTIONS for making dog biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, milk and egg. Stir well until mixed.
3. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix well to incorporate all of the ingredients.
4. Knead the dough 8-10 times until it is firm and elastic. You can knead directly in the bowl or if you prefer, on a level workspace.
5. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of flour onto your workspace and place the kneaded ball of dough on top. Flatten the dough a bit and sprinkle the crumbled bacon and oats on top. Knead the dough 4-5 more times to distribute the bacon and oats.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/4″ thickness. Cut out 12 dog bone shapes with your cookie cutter and place on the lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
8. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. These also freeze great for up to 1 month.
Looking for other great tips for your doggie? Check out tips to keep your dog safe any time of the year!