Are you looking for a delicious cheesecake recipe that everyone will love? Then check out this circus animal cheesecake recipe which is sure to be a huge hit and bring the flavors of this favorite cookie into one delicious no-bake cheesecake dessert!
Circus Animal Cheesecake Recipe
Circus Animal cookies are my favorite kind of cookie. They are so sweet and delicious and you can’t just eat one. These frosted circus animal crackers are so delicious and the perfect treat for any time. This Circus animal cookie cheesecake will be the perfect treat for anyone, especially true circus animal cookie lovers. There is so much to love about Circus animal cookies. This frosted animal cracker is always a special treat. You can eat them alone or as a snack. I am literally a certified circus animal cookie freak and have been known to buy bags of this delicious confection and hide them from the kids. Because sometimes I don’t share.
Circus animal cookies are so yummy and you can easily find them at any store for a low price. That’s why when I’m in the mood to be nice I make this delicious treat! There are a lot of circus animal cookie recipes out there, I mean do you blame people they’re so good! This one is an easy one that will become a favorite in your home.
Where did circus animal cookies come from?
This delicious confection treat dates back to 1914 when a newspaper vendor named N.M.Wheatley purchased the rights to some unusual and delicious baked cookies from a customer. N.M named the cookies Mother’s in honor of the brand new holiday Mother’s day! These iconic circus animal cookies became a hit and within a year he sold his newspaper stand and began baking two thousand cookies a day in a small back shop.
This story really is a fantastic one and it’s amazing how he had the foresight to bring this recipe to the public. These delicious cookies have become a huge favorite and you’re always sure to find them at your local grocery store. They’ve even come out with a version called sparkling Mythical Creatures! In the mythical creatures variation, you’ll find the same delicious frosting covering unicorns, dragons, mermaids, and sea serpents. This treat has become so popular you can even find big stores like Walmart that have created circus animal cookie ice cream that goes on sale once in a while at their store. Don’t want to wait for it to come out? Make your own circus animal ice cream here.
Quick and Easy Cheesecake Recipe
You all know how much I love to make no-bake recipes like no-bake pies and no-bake cheesecakes like my no-bake fruity pebbles cheesecake recipe. I am all about saving time, money, and sanity, and this recipe is definitely one of those. So, I wanted a recipe that captured all the delicious flavors of this favorite cookie and put them into an easy dessert anyone can make easily.
I also wanted a dessert that you could make your own using chopped cookies or whole ones as garnish. This along with rainbow sprinkles brings together the best of all worlds!
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chill time: 4 hours 30 minutes
1 9-ounce bag circus animal cookies
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
For the Cheesecake:
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pink food coloring
For Decorating the Cheesecake:
Circus animal cookies
How to make Circus Animal Cookie Cheesecake
1. The First thing you will do is Pour the cookies into a large zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You can also crush the cookies in a food processor.
2. Add the crushed animal cookies to a large bowl with the melted butter and sugar. Stir to mix until the animal cookie crumbs begin to stick together.
3. Grease an 8-inch springform pan and press the crust mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. You can also place a round parchment paper at the bottom so it doesn’t stick. Place the crust in the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. While the cookie crust is chilling, prepare the cheesecake batter by beating together in a large mixer bowl at medium speed, the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and pink food coloring until smooth and well combined.
5. Spread the cheesecake mixture over the top of the hardened crust and place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
6. When ready to serve, put colorful sprinkles on top of the cheesecake
and press one Circus Animal Cookie into each slice.
The whole family will love this recipe and it is the perfect no-bake cheesecake recipe filled with authentic animal cookie flavor!
Some tips for making this delicious No-Bake Circus Animal Cookies Cheesecake
- Make sure and grease the sides of the springform pan.
- An 8-inch cheesecake will yield approximately 6- 8 slices depending on how you cut them. This, however, will depend on the size of the slice. If you have any slices left just put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Although this recipe is so delicious, chances are there will be none left!
- You can make this recipe the night before and just garnish it right before serving it. The recipe is very simple and the cheesecake itself has minimal work or decorations. Thanks to the small details like a little pink gel coloring, sprinkles and animal cookies this No bake cheesecake ends up looking like an actual circus animal cookie!
- If you want to take an extra step decorate each slice with a dollop of whipped cream or make your own using heavy whipping cream and sugar!
This circus animal cheesecake recipe brings the flavors of this favorite cookie into one delicious no-bake cheesecake dessert! Easy to make and so delicious to eat!
To make the Crust
- (1)9-ounce bag circus animal cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the Cheesecake
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink food coloring
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Circus animal cookies
- Pour the cookies into a large zip-top bag and
crush them with a rolling pin. Or crush the cookies in a food processor.
- Add the crushed cookies to a large bowl with the butter and sugar. Stir to mix until the crumbs begin to stick together.
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan and press the crust mixture into the bottom. Place the crust in the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, prepare the cheesecake by beating together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and pink food coloring until smooth and well combined.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture over the top of the hardened crust and place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, top the cheesecake with rainbow sprinkles and press one Circus Animal Cookie into each slice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 6g
Final value will depend on size of slice.