These smoked salmon cucumber bites are a delicious and refreshing treat for any party or event. The combination of flavors is perfection and they’re low carb as well!
I am a HUGE fan of Smoked Salmon. I could literally put it on everything. One of my favorite things to do is included in special occasions. So using Smoked Salmon in an appetizer is a given.
This appetizer is a simple, easy one that will be a hit! You can make most of it ahead of time and just assemble a little before your event. That is why Smoked Salmon Cucumber bites have become one of my favorite appetizer recipes.
I do have to warn you, this appetizer literally disappears when I put it out. It is seriously addictive and oh so delicious! Best of all extremely easy to make!
What you’ll need:
- 2 English Cucumbers, peeled + cut into 1″ rounds
- 1 pound smoked salmon, make sure and cut it into little pieces enough to top each bite.
- (1) 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon half and half or heavy whipping cream
- Place cream cheese, dill,and a touch of salt and pepper to taste, and half and half in a large bowl. Beat until well combined. I suggest you use your mixer because it will be easier to combine. (This cream cheese mixture can be done ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator to combine flavors.
- Peel and cut cucumbers.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on top each cucumber slice then top each slice with a bite sized piece of smoked salmon. Insert a toothpick down the center to keep in place.
- I highly recommend you assemble this as close to possible to event.
As you can see this is a super easy recipe to follow and you can add a few optional ingredients to the cream cheese mixture like horseradish. Place on a platter and you’ll have the perfect appetizer. No need to be a culinary expert or chef to put this beauty together, however it will get rave reviews. Enjoy!
Looking for other Salmon appetizers? Check out this delicious easy & healthy smoked salmon dip.