Krispy Kreme doughnuts are some of the best around. They have a sweet buttery taste that melts in your mouth.
However, many times getting to a Krispy Kreme can prove to be impossible. We live pretty far from the closest one. So, getting the delicious Krispy Kreme taste can be pretty hard.
Copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
That’s why I have this delicious Copycat recipe that gives you all the delicious doughnut taste without having to drive miles to get it.
This delicious Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Copycat Recipe will be a huge hit. Packed with the delicious flavors that have made these doughnuts a huge favorite, without the drive! So, read on to see how easy it is to make copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Check out how easy it is to make copycat Krispy Kreme donuts!
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Copycat Recipe
How to make Copycat Krispy Kreme doughnuts
1/4 Cup of granulated Sugar
1 packet of instant yeast
4 tbsp of lukewarm water (around 110 F)
3/4 Cup of lukewarm milk
1 egg, at room temperature
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 Cup of shortening or unsalted butter at room temperature (use shortening for more authentic taste)
Enough vegetable oil or shortening for frying (use shortening for more authentic taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp of water
1 tbsp of butter
How to make Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
This delicious Krispy Kreme Copycat recipe will be a huge hit in your home. Filled with all the deliciousness of Krispy Kreme doughnuts without the drive.
- For the Doughnuts: (makes 6, recipe can be doubled)
- 2 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour (plus little more if required)
- 1/4 Cup of granulated Sugar
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 4 tbsp of lukewarm water (around 110 F)
- 3/4 Cup of lukewarm milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup of shortening or unsalted butter at room temperature (use shortening for more authentic taste)
- Enough vegetable oil or shortening for frying (use shortening for more authentic taste)
- For the glaze -
- (whisk everything together into a smooth paste)
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of butter
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the water and yeast and let it stand for 10-12 minutes.
- Next crack in the egg in a measuring cup and whisk it. Pour it into the bowl of stand mixer along with the milk and shortening/butter, about a cup of flour and salt.
- Mix it on medium speed for couple of minutes and then add in the remaining flour and keep mixing till combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let dough rise for an hour. Dough is ready when the dent stays when you push down with a finger on it.
- After an hour, take the dough out on a floured surface and roll it out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut using a floured doughnut cutter, cover and let it rise for another 40 minutes.
Heat vegetable oil or shortening, and once the oil is hot, slide the doughnuts in. Turn once the doughnut rise to the surface and fry till golden brown.
Transfer to a cooling rack. Once it is cool enough to be handled but still warm, dip it in the glaze and transfer it to the cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 8g