Have you ever wanted to know how to make garden seed bombs? Here’s your chance! This fun and easy tutorial will be the perfect project for you and your kids this spring.
These simple Garden Seed Bombs will be a huge hit. An easy and fun project you can make with your kids just in time for Earth day. This is gardening more along my speed, a fun garden you just toss in and let the Earth do all the work. Seed bombs are perfect because sometimes conditions can be dry, overly hot or cold, and windy making life hard on a germinating seed. Seed balls buffer these harsh conditions and help make growing flowers a success.
- 6 pieces Construction Paper, assort. colors
- 3-5 pkg. Flower Seeds
- Food Processor
- Cut each piece of paper into about 1-inch squares and put them into a small dish. Keep each paper color in its own dish.
- Fill each dish with water just until the paper is covered. Soak the paper for about 20 minutes.
- Take one of the bowls of paper and wring it out about halfway. Put it in the food processor and pulse the paper into a pulp. Repeat this with all the paper colors and put the pulp back into each of their bowls.
- Sprinkle some seeds into each bowl of paper, mix them in a little, and press the pulp and seeds into balls. If the pulp is a little dry, put a few sprinkles of water on the pulp. It will help it to hold its shape better.
- Set the seed balls on a sheet pan to dry overnight.
- Plant in your garden or anywhere you want flowers to grow.Aren’t these a cool idea? They are the perfect way to touch any little one about nature and how it works.
Looking for other fun ideas to make with your kids? Here are some fun Garden Row makers you can make for your veggie garden. Want to explore with some fun outdoor Science? Check out these 20 Exciting Backyard Science Experiments.