Nothing is worse than spoiled produce a few days after purchasing. Check out how I Keep Produce Fresh 80% Longer with This Trick. This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid.
Spring is officially here, which means it’s time for delicious fresh salads of all types. Whether you’re in the mood for a berry salad or leafy greens the sky is the limit to all the fresh goodies you can get at the market. However, the inevitable happens to us all, we buy hundreds of dollars in produce only to have it go bad after a few days. It hurts! Not only are you loosing money but let’s face it, it stinks planning for a meal only to see the ingredients rot away. I have a large family and every penny counts. So throwing produce away is not an option. Thankfully I’ve discovered a new little trick that is making my produce last 80% longer. How? With the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver.
Why Use FreshWorks Produce Saver?
- Keeps Produce Fresher, Longer: FreshWorks is a food storage container that uses patented FreshVentTM technology to keep produce fresher up to 80%* longer than traditional produce packaging. FreshVent regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked, while the CrispTrayTM helps reduce moisture and spoilage.
- Reduces Waste: Many people find that their produce has spoiled after just a few days, leaving them no choice but to throw it away. FreshWorks extends the life of your produce, so you can eat your produce before it goes to waste. Making it as beautiful longer!
- Saves Money: As a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household.** So this product will save you tons of money in the long run.
- Easy to Use: With FreshWorks Produce Saver, you can simply move produce from store packaging and into the FreshWorks containers before refrigerating to maintain freshness for up to 80% longer. The lid filter lasts a lifetime, no replacements needed.
- Microwave and top shelf dishwasher safe, BPA-free.
- Available in three sizes to hold all types of produce:
- Small (2.5 Cups): Ideal for small berries.
- Medium (6.3 Cups): Perfect for strawberries.
- Large (17.3 Cups): Optimal for leafy greens.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks containers vs. store packaging at day 21.
** Source: USDA 2014
So if you’re tired of throwing berries and greens away, here’s your chance to stop the vicious cycle!Ever since I started using the Rubbermaid Fresh Works Produce Saver my produce is lasting longer than ever before. It keeps my strawberries red and beautiful, my greens greener and my recipes intact! Which means when I feel like a fruit salad or fresh salad I won’t have to worry if it’s no longer good because I’ve got Rubbermaid to take care of it.
Check this fantastic product out for yourself. A 3 pack retails for around $27 at leading retailers.
Make sure and keep up with the conversation with Hashtag: #FreshWorksFreshness
Ready to try this fantastic product out for yourself? Here’s your chance to win a 3 pack of Rubbermaid Fresh Works Produce savers! Just head below for your chance to win! Giveaway is open to US only and ends on 5/15 at 11:59pmEST. Must be 18+ to enter! Good luck!
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.