Follow:

First Alert Carbon Monoxide Monitor Review & Giveaway ends 6/14

Sharing is caring!

Disclosures: This is a sponsored post on behalf of First Alert Carbon Monoxide Monitor. However, All opinions are 100% mine. May contain affiliate links.

 

When I was pregnant with my oldest we were living in an old 1916 Dutch colonial home that we loved. However, during the summer months our air conditioner broke and we had some repair guys come in and fix it. Sadly, one of them made a mistake and Carbon Monoxide started to leak out of the unit. Thankfully, we had an alarm that went off right away, but I don’t want to think about what could have happened had we not.

We do everything we can to keep our family safe from things we can see. Carbon Monoxide can strike when you least expect it. Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning is the number one cause of accidental poisoning in the United States  and is responsible for an average of 400 deaths, and an additional 20,000 people seek medical attention annually.

Sadly,nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of CO exposure is in the home, and more than two-fifths (41 percent) occurs during the winter months of December, January and February. That’s why it’s important to know when the levels in your home go up. CO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of home age and can attack even in the newest of homes.
CO poisoning can be difficult to diagnose because symptoms mimic those of many other illnesses, including the flu, and can include nausea,headaches, dizziness, weakness, chest pain and vomiting. Most important it occurs sooner in those most susceptible: young children, elderly people,people with lung or heart disease, people at high altitudes or those who already have elevated CO blood levels, such as smokers. CO poisoning also poses a special risk to fetuses.

Because of all of this it’s important to keep your loved ones protected! The NFPA (www.nfpa.org) recommends one CO alarm on each level of the home and in a central location outside each sleeping area such as in a hallway outside the bedroom. For premium protection against carbon monoxide poisoning, First Alert offers a 10-Year Alarm Life Sealed Battery Compact Carbon Monoxide Alarm. The brand’s first solely battery-powered 10-year CO alarm, this device features a digital display that shows detected CO levels in parts per million.

 

 

The unit uses an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor – the most accurate technology available – and allows you to capture and retrieve the highest CO levels recorded in your home through the peak function. The stylish and versatile carbon monoxide alarm also displays ambient temperature on an everyday basis while protecting households from CO exposure.

It has a great test feature that lets you know it’s working and is incredibly easy to use! Just set to on and test and you’re ready to go. However, my favorite feature of all is that it has a 10 year battery life span. Which means no worries about changing the battery on this model.  Making it one of the best on the market.

It’s so easy to use and mount you can put it anywhere outside of your bedrooms to keep your family safe in case of danger.

While in use it also displays the temperature of your home.

 

This is a must have in any home. You need to protect your loved ones from this hidden danger that can strike at any moment.

To learn more about 10-year alarms and alarm laws in your state, or tips for protecting your family from smoke, fire and carbon monoxide, visit the First Alert website.To purchase your own you can head over to First Alert, Amazon or most local hardware stores.

firstalertgiveaway

First Alert wants to keep your family safe and are giving one lucky reader the chance to own their very own 10-Year Alarm Life Sealed Battery Compact Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Just head below for your chance to enter to win! Giveaway is open to US only and ends on June 14th, 2016 at 11:59pm EST . Must be 18yo to enter.

Disclosure: All opinions are 100% mine. This giveaway is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or any other social media network.All opinions and experiences are Conservamom‘s. Open to US residents only , must be 18+. Confirmed Winner(s) will be contacted through email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be drawn. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor will be responsible for product fulfillment to winner(s) of the giveaway. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. For questions or to see your product featured in an Event you can contact Elia At Conservamom
Previous Post Next Post

17 Comments

  • Reply Laurie Nykaza

    Carbon monoxide (CO) is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America
    i had no idea that this was true so very sad.

    June 14, 2016 at 9:50 pm
  • Reply Jessica Lodge

    I didn’t know that it mimicked symptoms like the flu, not did I know about the chest pains. We has an incident about 12 years ago where the exhaust chimney collapsed after my building put in a new boiler. I was the only one in my 3 family building who had a C/O detector. It alerted us before we could get sick and it ultimately saved our lives.

    June 13, 2016 at 6:14 pm
  • Reply First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm Giveaway - We Heart Family and Friends

    […] Head over here to see what Conservamom thought of her First Alert 10 Year CO alarm! […]

    June 2, 2016 at 9:12 pm
  • Reply Dotty J Boucher

    I am shocked that its the number cause of death here in the U.S.A.

    June 2, 2016 at 7:21 pm
  • Reply Rachel A

    I’m surprised that there are so many deaths from CO poisoning! I never knew how important the detectors could be.

    June 2, 2016 at 8:50 am
  • Reply Sarh S

    I’m amazed at the not very alarming symptoms and how you could simply put it off as something else. Makes me very nervous that Carbon Monoxide Poisoning wouldn’t even cross my mind!

    June 1, 2016 at 11:28 pm
  • Reply Laura

    I didn’t’ know that Carbon Monoxide poisoning is the number one cause of accidental poisoning in the United States. Thank goodness they have detectors for it!

    June 1, 2016 at 5:39 pm
  • Reply Mary W

    I did not realize we needed more than one CO detector in the house. Time to buy more!

    June 1, 2016 at 4:10 pm
  • Reply RK

    I didn’t realize this was the #1 cause of accidental poisoning!

    June 1, 2016 at 2:09 pm
  • Reply Miranda H

    400 deaths! That is a scary number!

    June 1, 2016 at 1:10 pm
  • Reply Veronica Vasquez

    It surprises and saddens me how many people are effected and even die from this. That’s absolutely terrible. Thank you for the chance to win this to keep my family safe.

    June 1, 2016 at 12:30 pm
  • Reply Susan P.

    73 % of CO exposure is in the home and 41 % occurs during the winter months of December, January and February.

    June 1, 2016 at 12:23 pm
  • Reply Amber Ludwig

    “Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning is the number one cause of accidental poisoning in the United States and is responsible for an average of 400 deaths” <— So scary!! Thankfully these are required in our apartments so we have one provided by them at the moment… but I don't think its such a great quality.

    June 1, 2016 at 11:14 am
  • Reply Marsha C

    This kind of thing terrifies me. I’m kicking myself for not having a detector in my house. Going out to get one today thanks to your blog post. Thank you!

    June 1, 2016 at 10:44 am
  • Reply Michelle S

    What surprised me is that it can happen in new homes. I was under the impression that it generally happened in older homes. We have one on the first floor of our home – not this brand however. It came with our house from the builder.

    June 1, 2016 at 10:25 am
  • Reply Barbara Brooks

    I love your article but having worked in ER for over 30 years. I have seen some bad tragedies and a few people coming sick in thinking they had the flu. I had a dad bring a baby in because she kept vomiting baby was listless color pale poor. We always ask if any body else sick. Dad said yeah all had the flu so his wife called him home from work to bring baby in because she didn’t feel up to it and other 2 kids puking too. We have an instant read CO detector and it should be less than 5 it was 30. We sent fire department to go to house and get rest of family we had already put dad and baby and nurse in a hyperbaric chamber. Mom and 2 kids were flown to nearby metro hospital for hyperbaric. If mom had not called dad the mom and kids would not of made it. I always push for smoke detectors and CO detectors. And have given them for shower presents. Like the new design and 10 year sealed battery.

    June 1, 2016 at 2:08 am
  • Reply Safety First CO Alarm Ends 6/14

    […] Head over here to see what Conservamom thought of her First Alert 10 Year CO alarm! […]

    May 31, 2016 at 7:34 pm
  • Leave a Reply

    shares